A long, cold, cloudy day
Gazing at the buildings far away
My thoughts begin to flow, dark and deep
And my eyes begin to droop into boundless sleep.
As I float in an endless cloud
With the voices in my mind ringing clear and loud
The world begins to look like an endless pond
And I see mountains far beyond
Flying through a cloud of dreams
Thousands of sights to be seen
Familiar faces, swirling around
Filling my heart with wonderful sounds
And oh, the strange thoughts my mind thinks
Flying pianos with soft drinks
A wooly mammoth sprouting katydids
And a playground full of Martian kids
And I, watching these things go by
See pirates dueling in the sky
Then I ponder why I think these things
As a midget T-Rex begins to sing
Then soon the mountains come closer by
And I gasp as I cut through the sky
For these mountains are not mountains at all
They are candy mounds in an ice cream waterfall!
But then a noise cuts through my brain
A fist taps my desk like pounding rain
The teacher gives me a glaring eye
And I push myself up with a grunting sigh
A long cold cloudy day
Gazing at buildings far away
Though thoughts begin to flow, dark and deep
Fear prevents me from going back to sleep
Gazing at the buildings far away
My thoughts begin to flow, dark and deep
And my eyes begin to droop into boundless sleep.
As I float in an endless cloud
With the voices in my mind ringing clear and loud
The world begins to look like an endless pond
And I see mountains far beyond
Flying through a cloud of dreams
Thousands of sights to be seen
Familiar faces, swirling around
Filling my heart with wonderful sounds
And oh, the strange thoughts my mind thinks
Flying pianos with soft drinks
A wooly mammoth sprouting katydids
And a playground full of Martian kids
And I, watching these things go by
See pirates dueling in the sky
Then I ponder why I think these things
As a midget T-Rex begins to sing
Then soon the mountains come closer by
And I gasp as I cut through the sky
For these mountains are not mountains at all
They are candy mounds in an ice cream waterfall!
But then a noise cuts through my brain
A fist taps my desk like pounding rain
The teacher gives me a glaring eye
And I push myself up with a grunting sigh
A long cold cloudy day
Gazing at buildings far away
Though thoughts begin to flow, dark and deep
Fear prevents me from going back to sleep